Your casino is a distinctive addition to your industry and a popular hangout for your target market. Yet do they realize that? Your establishment can transform from a middle-of-the-pack competition to an industry-leading powerhouse with the help of effective casino marketing. This blog post fills that need.
In this article, we examine tried-and-true casino marketing techniques that are certain to grow your company over the long term. What’s best? The majority of the suggestions here are simple and affordable to adopt.
Discover 6 tested methods to increase your casino marketing efforts.
1. Boost discoverability
Discoverability is crucial because the casino industry is so fiercely competitive. Discoverability is the degree to which your audience can easily (or difficulty) find you online.
Consider that you are one of your prospective customers looking for a superb casino. How simple is it to locate yours online? Try typing some queries into various search engines, checking out reviews on travel websites, and seeking out casinos similar to yours on social media.
You can determine how well-known your casino is by keeping track of how frequently and highly it appears in search results. We suggest using SEO and marketing tools like Moz and SEMrush to have a better understanding of where things are right now.
- For each of your most crucial facilities, create a unique landing page. Employ appealing headlines, high-quality photographs, proper captions, and keyword words that are relevant to those amenities.
- Adequately use search engine marketing. Gambling advertisements “must target approved countries, have a landing page that shows information about responsible gambling, and never target children,” according to Google’s standards. Examine the laws in the places you intend to serve and the services you offer. Test advertisements for keyword phrases related to your offerings after you are aware of the regional laws.
- Establish social media profiles on the platforms that appeal to your audience the most. Engage in discussions regarding gaming, your casino, regional news, and other local events.
- Not just your casino, but also your location, special offerings, and newest events should be optimized in your content. Concentrate on your unique selling points so that people in the future can find you when they search for them.
- If visitors are nearby, take into account deploying beacons or other proximity marketing strategies to increase their interest. This is especially useful when competing against casinos that are close by. You can use this and other location-based marketing techniques to reach customers offline rather than online.
- To “raise the signal” and improve word-of-mouth mentions of your casino, use strategic collaborations and co-marketing ties with nearby companies, performers, event suppliers, food vendors, and others.
2. Pursue events and group business.
Your casino is much more than just the gaming floor. You might also provide your visitors with a posh hotel option, state-of-the-art technology, adaptable event and entertainment spaces, award-winning spa and health club amenities, or mouthwatering restaurants. So, you must consider the big picture when planning your casino marketing.
For huge gatherings like weddings, conferences, corporate retreats, group luncheons, and family reunions, casinos are frequently the ideal location. To draw in possibilities of this nature, your marketing must use specific messages and targeting for events and group business.
3. Create positive feedback loops
A casino’s appeals often stem from emotional choices. The goal of the casino’s entertainment, dining, and other amenities is to make visitors feel good. You may boost your casino’s marketing outcomes and keep clients coming back by doubling down on these emotions.
When the result of an action is fed back into the beginning of the sequence as an input, this is known as a feedback loop.
Therefore, for instance, when a youngster acts comically and a parent laughs or claps their hands, the child is more likely to repeat their actions in an effort to elicit the same reaction.
Loops with positive feedback make it more likely that the action will be repeated. On the other hand, negative feedback loops lessen the likelihood of this happening. One illustration of a negative feedback loop is when you park in a loading zone and get a pricey ticket.
Because of the anxiety associated with receiving another ticket, you will be much less likely to park in a loading zone in the future.
Positive feedback loops are probably already in operation throughout your casino, possibly without your knowledge. When a player wins a game, they feel good about themselves and are more likely to play it again later.
They might even attempt to precisely duplicate the circumstances of their victory. Negative experiences make visitors less likely to return.
There are many ways to incorporate feedback loops into your casino marketing strategy:
- Promote evaluations and referrals immediately following a satisfying experience, such as winning a game or enjoying a delicious meal.
- Provide a different deal as soon as a customer redeems a discount or an offer.
- Send letters urging future reservations if your casino has a hotel component at times when customers are most likely to be pleased, such as directly after an upgrade, the day following an entertainment or restaurant reservation, or after another satisfying event that you may name.
- In response to compliments, social media posts, and reviews, make future experience offers.
- Reward devoted consumers with significant discounts, unique benefits, and privileged promotions.
- By transforming negative feedback loops into positive ones, you can stop the cycle from continuing. Customer grievances and unfavorable evaluations should be handled with sincerity and compassion. Where appropriate, extend regrets and take all necessary steps to “make it right” with the client.
4. Find the “jobs to be done.”
For a very long time, marketers relied solely on demographics to inform their choices. Casinos placed a lot of emphasis on their customers’ income, education, and age as predictors of future behavior.
This approach is somewhat beneficial because audience behavior varies depending on demographics. Whereas Boomers and Gen Xers typically spend 80% of their casino spending on gambling and 20% on food and entertainment, Millennials are more likely to spend 30% on gambling and 70% on food, entertainment, and non-gambling activities, according to Anderson Digital.
It’s crucial to employ strategies to attract Millennial and Gen Z consumers, such as expanding entertainment and food offerings, adding internet elements to floor games, and stepping up mobile marketing.
While demographic data is useful, it is far from the sole piece of knowledge you should have about your audience. For instance: Imagine a bunch of females gathered in front of your casino.
Consider that you are aware of their demographics: they are all in their late 20s or early 30s, have a college degree, and hold well-paying positions. Yet, are you aware of their purpose?
These ladies might be traveling on business and have an hour to kill before their next appointment.
They might be here for a family gathering. Alternatively, they might be there to celebrate a friend’s bachelorette celebration. You can only make educated guesses about someone’s motivations, problems, and needs based on their demographic facts.
The “jobs to be done” concept, which describes the “job” that the potential client is “hiring” you for, aids marketers in understanding the underlying motivations of their audience.
In the aforementioned scenario, a group of women attending a casino for a bachelorette party are “hiring” the casino to provide a party environment, a good combination of entertainment, gaming, food, and drink, as well as a fun and laid-back time.
On the other hand, if those same women are visiting the casino as part of a professional event, they might “hire” the casino in exchange for a convenient and stress-free work environment, easy logistics, quick Wi-Fi, plenty of places to charge their devices, and perhaps a quiet area to complete tasks in between meetings.
Understanding what your audience wants in a space and the task they are “hiring” you to complete will help you modify your messaging, marketing, and offers effectively.
5. Use social proof.
Almost always, customers have greater faith in one another than in your brand. Potential visitors and customers are considerably more inclined to listen to each other than to you, whether they rely on word-of-mouth recommendations from friends or evaluations from complete strangers online.
This means that you require assistance from others in order to establish trust in your brand. The concept of “social proof” states that people would imitate the behaviors of others they respect. This can be utilized in a variety of ways to promote your casino:
- Positive comments should be highlighted on your website and social media accounts.
- Take video testimonials from satisfied visitors and fortunate winners.
- Invite visitors to tag your casino in their social media posts about their experiences.
- Observe online reviews and feedback and reply as necessary.
- Put a photo booth on the casino floor so that customers may take pictures after winning.
- Publish images and videos of recent winners on the casino’s various displays.
Creative applications of social proof abound. You should have some solid ideas on where to start if you think about your audience’s motives and where they go for information.
6. Follow the latest gaming trends.
Casinos are going through a time of fast transformation and innovation. The shifting casino scene is significantly influenced by online gaming, entertainment tastes, virtual and hybrid events, e-sports, and virtual and augmented reality.
To remain competitive, casinos must be aware of and utilize the most recent developments in technology and games.
Following are some technologies and trends to have in mind as you draught your casino marketing strategy and launch campaign testing:
- Every day, esports gain in popularity. Casinos have many opportunities to collaborate with esports teams or platforms and expand their customer base thanks to the enormous events devoted to competitions and championships.
- Gamers may interact with game environments in intriguing new ways thanks to virtual reality and augmented reality.
- Think of introducing VR and AR services so that visitors may participate in the activity from their homes, hotel rooms, or even locations around the world.
- The number of online casinos is growing, and the restrictions on them are being loosened. Keep up with the most recent events to understand where your rivals stand.
- It’s improbable that the games and forms of entertainment that are popular now will continue to be so in five or ten years. To avoid falling behind, make an effort to understand and keep ahead of the changes.
Thinking of making your casino becoming the next “big thing” for events? Get in touch with OTT SEO and check out the marketing services we provide. Start enhancing your casino marketing right away!