In the past, large companies have used a variety of methods to communicate important information and updates to their teams. But in today’s fast-paced and tech-driven world, many organizations are looking for more creative ways to engage their employees. Enter Kamishibai boards. This traditional Japanese communication tool is quickly becoming popular in the corporate world as a way to connect with employees and keep them informed. In this blog post, we will explore what Kamishibai boards are and how they can help you effectively communicate with your team.
What are Kamishibai Boards?
Kamishibai boards are a creative way to engage and inform your team. They are traditionally used in Japan to tell stories, but can also be used for presentations, training, or even marketing.
Kamishibai means “paper theater” in Japanese, and that’s exactly what these boards are – a way to bring your story to life with pictures and words. You can use them for all sorts of stories, from traditional folktales to modern day business case studies.
There are many different ways to make a Kamishibai board, but they all typically include four panels that can be opened and closed like a book. Each panel has a different scene or part of the story, and you can use as many or as few panels as you need.
To tell your story, simply open the panels one by one and describe what’s happening in each scene. Kamishibai boards are a great way to engage your audience and get them involved in the story. You can even ask questions or give them choices along the way to make it more interactive.
If you’re looking for a creative and engaging way to communicate with your team, Kamishibai boards are definitely worth considering!
How to Make a Kamishibai Board
Kamishibai boards are a type of Japanese storytelling that uses pictures and narration to tell a story. They can be used in business settings to engage and inform employees about company news, processes, or goals.
To make your own Kamishibai board, you will need:
-A large piece of cardboard or foamboard
-Markers or paint
-Magazines or newspapers (optional)
1. Begin by cutting your piece of cardboard or foamboard into a rectangular shape. This will be the base of your board.
2. Next, use markers or paint to decorate the front of your board. You can use any design you like, but it should be simple and easy to understand at a glance.
3. Once your design is complete, cut out small rectangles from construction paper. These will be the individual frames for your story.
4. Glue the frames onto the front of your board in a horizontal row.
5. If you’re using magazines or newspapers, cut out images that relate to your story and glue them inside the frames. Otherwise, you can leave the frames blank or write short descriptions of each scene.
6. Your Kamishibai board is now complete! To use it, simply tell your story aloud while pointing to each frame in turn.
The Benefits of Kamishibai Boards
There are many benefits of using kamishibai boards in the workplace. Here are just a few:
1. Kamishibai boards can help to engage and inform employees about various topics.
2. Kamishibai boards can be used as a tool for training and development purposes.
3. Kamishibai boards can promote creativity and collaboration among employees.
4. Kamishibai boards can help to improve communication within the workplace.
5. Kamishibai boards can provide a visual aid for presentations and meetings.
Kamishibai Board Recipes
Kamishibai Boards are a great way to engage and inform your team. By creating a board with recipes, you can provide an interactive experience for your team that will promote communication and collaboration. Here are some tips for creating a Kamishibai Board Recipe:
1. Choose a theme: What kind of recipes would be most appropriate for your team? Consider the types of foods they like to eat, as well as any dietary restrictions.
2. Plan ahead: Decide what recipes you want to include on your board, and gather all the ingredients and supplies you’ll need ahead of time.
3. Be creative: Use fun and creative presentation methods to make your recipes stand out. Try using props or staging a cooking demonstration.
4. Encourage participation: Ask your team members to contribute their own favorite recipes to the board. Encourage them to be creative and have fun with it!
How to Use Kamishibai Boards in the Workplace
Kamishibai boards are a great way to engage and inform your team. Here are some tips on how to use them in the workplace:
1. Use kamishibai boards to communicate company news and updates.
2. Post kamishibai boards in high-traffic areas to ensure that everyone sees them.
3. Use different colors and images to make your kamishibai boards eye-catching and attention-grabbing.
4. Get creative with your kamishibai board designs – think outside the box!
5. Encourage employee interaction by allowing people to post their own thoughts and ideas on the kamishibai boards.
Kamishibai boards can be a great way to engage and inform your team in a creative, visual way. Not only do they provide visual cues for important messages or tasks that need to be completed, but they also serve as an entertaining and memorable way to keep everyone on the same page. Kamishibai boards are also easy to make and use, meaning there’s no excuse not to give them a try! So why not give kamishibai boards a try in your workplace today?